Arts in the Alley
March 12 – March 20 2021
1pm – 8pm
Cavill Lane Surfers Paradise is hosting a debut arts festival and aligning with the community and celebrating local artists and performers to reconnect the fringe of the Gold Coast to the heart of the city.
This creative showcase will take over the beautiful hidden laneway with:
Every Day between March 12 – 20 1pm – 7pm
Pop up art shops & exhibits featuring but not limited to;
- Debbie Schreiber – Contemporary Australian Mixed-Media Painter
- Anthony Pieters – Visual & Performance Artist
- Private Art – Jonique Abstract Painter
- Smalls – Muralist
- Crystal Embrace – Hand-crafted Jewellery
- Spirit of Australia Gallery – Original Aboriginal Artwork
- Art of Peace – Abstract painter
- Tervo – Original paintings and prints
- Germ – Acrylic artist
- LJ – Photographer
- TanealTeresa Art – Mixed media artist
- Jenny Smillie – Abstract Artist
- Amanda Gorman – Illustration & Abstract Artist
- The Real Human Anatomy Exhibition & David Hart Exhibit
- Amplify Arts – Contemporary Abstract Artist & Paint & Sip
- Art Dosis -Graphic Artist and Fine Arts Painter
- Eliza Bertwistle – Muralist and Oil Painter
- Dany Taylor – Photographer
Friday 12 – 20 March 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- LIVE & LOCAL DJs featuring; Nov Zabicky, mISSkARA, Brento Kells, Trent Horus local to nationwide DJing experience from your local house party to the Big Day Out
Saturday 13 March 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- LIVE artist performances by Anthony Pieters Introducing live visual performance artist Anthony Pieters. Each show is a truly unique spectacle. Anthony creates a fusion of live art, movement and dance. Watch his artwork come alive and buy one of his pieces while at the event!
Sunday 14 March 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- LIVE on-site radio broadcast with Radio Metro featuring DJ Java and painting give-away
Monday 15 – 16 March 1:00pm – 6:00pm
- LIVE muralist featuring Smalls Driven by the constant pursuit of perfection in his craft, Smalls has established a reputation as one of the region’s most dedicated and dynamic street artists. Watch his mural come alive and buy one of his originals while at the event!
Wednesday 17 March 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE! Tracie Eaton, the Gold Coast based, internationally-renowned artist otherwise known as “Australia’s Artist to the Stars” will be body-painting a surprise celebrity guest! One date not to be missed.
Thursday 18 March 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Paint & Sip session ($40p/p – bookings essential via Amplify Arts ) Experience something new or develop your artistic skills at the upcoming paint & sip event for ONE NIGHT ONLY. Paint & sip sessions are fun and easy ways to learn new skills, have fun with your friends or make new ones and bring home your own painting!
Friday 19 March 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Audio & Visual immersive experience by Akuandub Musik Influence by Amazon tribe and sounds, Akuandub blends electronic and acoustic elements in a live performance that delivers an evolving soundscape that will take you into a groovy musical journey.
Saturday 20 March 7:00pm – 7:30pm
- Special closing ceremony by DEJA Performance Academy featuring Deja Davie The time where one of the most dangerous elements – fire, meets the most expressional element, dance. Be mesmerised by the one and only fire-dance infused show on Gold Coast, be there, to Dance with El Fuego.
We look forward connecting with you through a variety of local arts, culture and entertainment among great food and drinks while you find your own piece of art and inspiration to take with you…
This event is operating under a COVID Safe Event Checklist.
Event performers and or schedule may be subjected to change.